Olive Garden’s Pasta E Fagioli is so delicious! Pair it with a glass of Moscato Castello del Poggio (it’s the best selling wine at Olive Garden!) and call it a day… Life is goooood :)
This soup is a wonderful and hearty soup, perfect for a cold day, even a light lunch. You could serve this with the Olive Garden Salad Dressing on top of your favorite salad, a hearty sandwich also goes well with this soup.
Yield: 12 servings.
- 3 teaspoons vegetable Oil
- 2 pounds Ground beef
- 12 ounces Onion; chopped
- 14 ounces Carrots; slivered
- 14 ounces Celery; diced
- 48 ounces Tomatoes; canned, diced
- 2 cups cooked Red Kidney beans
- 2 cups cooked White kidney beans
- 88 ounces Beef stock
- 3 teaspoons Oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Pepper
- 5 teaspoons Parsley; (fresh chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 48 ounces Marina Style Spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces dry pasta Shell macaroni; or other pasta
Saute beef in oil in large 10-qt. pot until beef starts to brown. Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot. Also add beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, spaghetti sauce, and noodles. Add chopped parsley. Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes. Makes 9 qts. of soup! **Just cut the recipe in 1/2 for smaller family needs!